Passages Transformation Program - Description and Policies
Passages Transformation Program is a 6- month to 18-month program, designed to assist women in living successful, independent lives. The classes, group interaction, transition coach plan and accountability requirements are designed to help women find a relationship with God, themselves, and others. Our goal is to provide a safe, loving Christian environment where women can learn to live free of destructive habits, behaviors and relationships while becoming self-supportive. Residents will receive a certificate of completion when they have completed their plan. There is a program fee of $250 a month. At this time we cannot house children. Donated clothing, hygiene items and groceries are available.
- All residents are expected to be employed, at a minimum of 30 hours a week after completing the first 30 days of the program.
- The program fee will begin the first day a resident enters the program. A payment schedule will be set up with the Director as to when the program fee payments are due and what the amount due will be.
- If at any time a resident is without employment while on the transitional program, she must find employment within 2 weeks or she will be placed back on restrictions. A payment will be when the woman's first paycheck is recieved. Residents that do not pay their program fee on time could be placed on 7:00 pm curfew until her fees are paid, per her Case Manager.
- Residents will be randomly tested for drugs and alcohol while in the program.
- All residents are required to attend a church service of their choice each week and turn in a church bulletin and their notes on the sermon they heard.
- When a resident leaves the program she must take her belongings with her. Any personal property left behind must be picked up within 7 days from the time she left or it will be recycled (given to others) or disposed of.
- Residents who leave the program cannot come back for one month from the day they left. Re-admittance will depend on their past performance and will be the decision of their Case Manager and the Director.
- Residents can be immediately dismissed from the program for:
- being continuously uncooperative
- physical fighting
- breaking curfew
- positive drug or alcohol test
- non-compliance with house rules or program policies
- smoking in the house
- staying out all night
- having a weapon, drugs, or alcohol on the premises
- having sex on the premises
- allowing an unauthorized males on the premises
- All doctor-prescribed medications must be reported to the Director. Residents are responsible for the safekeeping of their prescribed medications and must not give away any of their medications to another resident. This could result in immediate dismissal from the program for all involved. Absolutely no narcotics are allowed.
- Residents will be responsible for their visiting children at all times. Residents are responsible to assist their children in understanding and obeying the rules and policies of the house.
- Residents will have a case management plan and will be expected to follow the goals and conditions therewith.
- Mandatory classes and/or group and program meetings two nights per week. Classes are designed to assist women to gain and keep employment, manage a household, and to have healthy relationships with God, self, and others.
- A copy of the house rules will be given to each resident, which she must sign agreeing that understands each rule and agrees to follow those rules. Those residents who do not follow the house rules and procedures will be fined $10 for each infraction. Residents who are having a difficult time fulfilling their responsibilities in the program or are not ding well with personal boundaries will be kept on a 7:00pm curfew or put back on the 7:00pm curfew. If the resident is continually uncooperative they will be
dismissed from the program.
- Residents will be required to take a budgeting class and budget all earnings in accordance with their case management plan. Bills, program fee, child support payments, car insurance, etc. will be included in their budget.
- The curfew time for the first 3 months is 7:00pm. During this time approved escorts may accompany the resident to groups or classes but only with pre-approval from the Case Manager or Director. There will be requirements that must be completed before the 7:00pm curfew is lifted. After 3 months the curfew will be 9:00pm weeknights and 10:30pm weekends unless a special pass is granted. No resident can leave the premises prior to 5:30am without prior approval from their Case Manager or the Director.
- All residents have mandatory Life Skill and Bible classes.
- All residents that will be driving or own a car must have proof of car insurance and driver’s license. A copy of both documents must be turned in to the Director before she will be allowed to drive.