Volunteers Make the Difference
Your volunteer involvement will enable Passages to provide women with a safe home and the opportunity to change their lives and re-unite with their families.
Some of the volunteer opportunities include:
- Administrative Support
- Auxiliary (PATHS) Member
- Church Involvement
- *Friend / Encourager
- Fundraising / Public Relations
- Maintenance and Repair
- *Transition Coach
- Life Skills Teacher
- Bible Study Leader
- Kitchen Coordinator or Helper
*What is a Friend / Encourager - women who are available to visit the Passages house with the idea to just hang out with residents - watch a movie, play games, do crafts, or just visit. You can also go through a workbook with her, "The Fine Art of Female Friendships", by Jane Freund. Be her friend and encourager!
*What is a Transition Coach - a woman who commits to meeting with a particular resident for a minimum of one hour per week to assist her in developing her goals and helping her lay out a path to achieve her goals. Mandatory training to become a Transition Coach is given at specified times through the year.
The first step to becoming a Transition Coach is to fill out the Volunteer Form. You will then be contacted for an interview and to set up a time for your training.
Individuals or groups are invited to become a sponsor for a specific area of need:
- Social Event - such as the monthly birthday celebration party, Phase-up Party, graduation, Christmas Party, etc.
- Welcome Basket - a welcome basket to each new resident, which includes toiletries, Pjs, underwear, journals, pen & pencil, etc.
- Landscaping and grounds keeping.
- Sunday night dinner and Life Skill Class, i.e., cooking; sewing; finances and budget; etc.
- Month End Sunday night dinner and message.
Please call the Passages Office (605-939-0744) to get necessary details regarding a specific sponsorship opportunity and to sign up.